[Samba] Building Samba 4 - Includes.c missing?

Frank Gruman fgatwork at verizon.net
Wed Feb 28 03:09:44 GMT 2007

>From: Frank Gruman <fgatwork at verizon.net>
>Date: 2007/02/27 Tue PM 08:24:45 CST
>To: samba at lists.samba.org
>Subject: [Samba] Building Samba 4 - Includes.c missing?

>Hello all,
>
>I've been peacefully using Samba 3 for about 3 years now, and it has done a wonderful job in my little world as domain member servers for file and print serving.  Much bettetrver farms that some of my peers in the company are using.
>
>So I want to try Samba 4 and see if I can play with making it my PDC.  The only problem is that when I go to make, I receive the following error:

>Creating torture/ndr/proto.h
>Generating dependencies for torture/ndr/ndr.c
>Generating dependencies for torture/local/local.c
>Removing precompiled headers
>Precompiling include/includes.h
>gcc: include/includes.c: No such file or directory
>gcc: no input files
>make: *** [include/includes.h.gch] Error 1
>

>This, after a successful autoconf, configure, and make pch all.  In looking in the include folder, there is only includes.h.
>
>I pulled the files straight from subversion, so would have hoped that I got everything necessary.  Has anyone else had this issue building Samba 4?
>
>Regards,
>Frank

Wow - I stepped on my earlier note...should have read "Much better than the Win2k3 server farms..."

Anyway - that aside, I realized I had not added any extra potentially pertinent info:

OS = OpenSUSE 10.2
gcc = 4.1.2

Also - I ran autogen.sh, and not autoconf as I noted above.  Basically, I did everything defined in the howto.txt that is pulled down with the code.

Regards,
Frank