[Samba] Error while starting smbd

Shetty, Sapna (POC) Sapna.Shetty at polyone.com
Tue Feb 27 20:20:15 GMT 2007

Hello All,

I have Samba 3.0.23a setup on a HP-UX box. I have also configured Kerberos.
The samba system talks to an Active Directory 2003 system for
authentication. I get the following error message when the smbd service
tries to start. The nmbd and winbindd services start without any errors. I
am not sure if it's just me missing out something, or if it's a bug which
needs a patch. I went through many discussion forums, and couldn't find a
solution.

The error is:

/usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unsatisfied code symbol 'ldap_open' in load module
'/usr/local/samba/bin/smbd'.

Please help!

Thanks and Regds

Sapna