[Samba] How to enable swat on SuSE10.2 x86_64?

M9. monkey9 at iae.nl
Tue Feb 27 20:14:14 GMT 2007

Well that was clear enough, i changed the port in the xinetd.d also, but
i am not able to invoke swat.
when trying to call localhost:904 (unassigned port) i get the message:
can not connect to server on localhost 904....

Gary Dale schreef:
> Sorry if that's not clear. You need to edit /etc/services to give SWAT a
> different port number - see man swat and man services for information.
>

> Change it to an unassigned port.
>
> M9. wrote:
> Some things are not fine, like swat uses port 901/tcp..
> what if this port allready has been taken?

> What to do in a case like this?

- --

Have a nice day,

M9.               Now, is the only time that exists.

  OS:  Linux 2.6.18.2-34-default x86_64
  Huidige gebruiker:  monkey9 at tribal-sfn2
  Systeem:  openSUSE 10.2 (X86-64)
  KDE:  3.5.5 "release 45.2"