[Samba] How to change this status?

M9. monkey9 at iae.nl
Tue Feb 27 15:35:25 GMT 2007

Volker Lendecke schreef:
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 04:21:59PM +0100, M9. wrote:
>> monkey9 at tribal-sfn2:~> smbclient -L tribal-sfn2
>> Password:
>> Domain=[TRIBAL-SFN2] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.23d-19.2-1179-SUSE-SL10.2]
>> tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME
>> monkey9 at tribal-sfn2:~>
>
> Have you done something weird to the IPC$ share in your
> smb.conf?
>
> Volker

I was not able to acces one share, after researching we discovered that
there are differences between the KDE samba module in personal settings,
and the Yast module.
Shares made in the KDE module do not work, are invisible, made in
Yastthey are accessible.

kde writes:

case sensitive = no
strict locking = no
msdfs proxy = no

monkey9 at tribal-sfn2:~> cat /etc/samba/smb.conf

[global]
winbind gid = 10000-20000
winbind uid = 10000-20000
usershare max shares = 100
workgroup = mshome
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd  -c Machine -d /var/lib/nobody -s
/bin/false %m$
domain master = no
restrict anonymous = no
max protocol = NT
acl compatibility = winnt
ldap ssl = No
server signing = Auto
map to guest = Bad User
guest ok = yes
case sensitive = no
strict locking = no
msdfs proxy = no
read only = no
preferred master = no

[divx]
comment = films
inherit acls = yes
path = /windowsF/Divx/
read only = no
#       case sensitive = no
#       strict locking = no
#       msdfs proxy = no

[mp3]
comment = muziek
inherit acls = Yes
path = /windowsD/MP3/
read only = No

## Share disabled by YaST
# [netlogon]

[shared]
comment = muziek
inherit acls = Yes
path = /shared/
read only = No

[documenten]
comment = documenten
inherit acls = Yes
path = /windowsC/Documents and Settings/All Users/Documenten/
read only = No

[tekeningen]
comment = tekeningen
inherit acls = Yes
path = /windowsE/Tekeningen/
read only = No
monkey9 at tribal-sfn2:~>

these we commented out, entrances made by the kde config module, and
with which this share did not exist..

#       case sensitive = no
#       strict locking = no
#       msdfs proxy = no

Is there something in this config which should look different?
- --

Have a nice day,

M9.               Now, is the only time that exists.

  OS:  Linux 2.6.18.2-34-default x86_64
  Huidige gebruiker:  monkey9 at tribal-sfn2
  Systeem:  openSUSE 10.2 (X86-64)
  KDE:  3.5.5 "release 45.2"