[Samba] URGENT! Need to move Samba to another computer (Error NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT)

boxyzzy at netscape.net boxyzzy at netscape.net
Fri Feb 23 17:35:14 GMT 2007

 From domain, BOXYZZY.DOODAH.EDU Windows 2003 Server PDC, BOXY2K3A, I
added computer account, BOXYUNIX.

 From the Samba 2.0.7 Solaris 8 computer, to be known as BOXYUNIX, as
root I enter:

# /usr/local/bin/smbpasswd -j boxyzzy.doodah.edu -r boxy2k3a
cli_net_auth2: Error NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT
cli_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challenge failed
modify_trust_password: unable to setup the PDC credentials to machine
BOXY2K3A. Error was : NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT.
2007/02/23 11:51:26 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change
password for domain BOXYZZY.DOODAH.EDU.
Unable to join domain BOXYZZY.DOODAH.EDU.

See the statements from my current / working smb.conf below.

I hope that someone can offer guidance as to how to proceed.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!