[Samba] Disapearing Drives: Urgent help needed

Toby Bluhm tkbsmb at midwestinstruments.com
Thu Feb 22 13:57:03 GMT 2007

Ron Garcia-Vidal wrote:
> I need help on this urgently.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Is mine the
> only place that is experiencing this problem?  The suits are making
> noises about getting a windows server in here, I don't want to see that
> happen, but I don't know how to fix this very serious Samba problem.
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't have much of a clue as to what wrong with your system and this
won't figure out the problem, but hey - anything to get things back to
normal ( and keep Windows out.)

Do you have a valid backup of the system before making the upgrade that
broke things? You could reinstall the last working version of samba and
do a restore of the pertinent samba config dirs & files. Make a tarball
of what you have now just in case the restore makes things worse.

I had at one time totally hammered samba while messing with it.
Fortunately, I did the tarball thing and saved myself.

--
Toby Bluhm
Midwest Instruments Inc.