[Samba] Browse.dat not syncing

Tracy R. Schultz tracy at pipelinegroup.com
Wed Feb 21 18:16:42 GMT 2007

I'm not sure where else to turn for this, I've seen this problem mentioned
in a multiple places but haven't seen any resolution for it.  Below is
what's showing up in my remote samba WINS server. My setup is that I've got
the samba servers connecting through a dedicated VPN. I've set up the WINS
to allow for browsing across the VPN. If anyone can help me out or point me
in the right direction I'd be extremely grateful.

[2007/02/21 13:05:26, 5]
nmbd/nmbd_nodestatus.c:node_status_timeout_response(68)
  node_status_timeout_response: failed to get node status from name
WORKGROUP<1b> on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET
[2007/02/21 13:05:26, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:domain_master_node_status_fail(250)
  domain_master_node_status_fail:
  Doing a node status request to the domain master browser
  for workgroup WORKGROUP at IP 192.168.181.1 failed.
  Cannot sync browser lists.

Mr. Tracy R. Schultz

The Pipeline Group, Inc.
4400 N. Big Spring St. Suite B-21