[Samba] "gid of user xxx doesn't exist" error repeatedly posted to /var/messages

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Feb 21 16:45:17 GMT 2007

Tim, Windows user/group name space is unified, there should never be a
group with the same name of a user, that's why usually UPG is not the
preferred way to manage users to be shared with Windows hosts.

The only 2 options you have is to use just one (or a few) common groups
for users or have a prefix for groups names so that user:
name != personal group name

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce