[Samba] Problem with Samba Authentication

Francisco Javier López de San Pedro fjsanpedro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 12:14:46 GMT 2007

Hi, i have installed a PDC authenticated with LDAP in a network with Linux and
Win XP hosts. My intention is to authenticate (throught TLS) every user or at
least the machines wich are trying to get access to the resources. LDAP and
Samba are in the same machine so the communication is by the 389 port.
Besides, LDAP communication with the network is by ldap ssl.

I have tried a lot of configurations, but i have not found the right one. I
want that every Win host sends a TLS certificate to Samba in order to the
server to authenticate them, and if it fails, the user could not log into the
machine.

I have to say that with Linux hosts it is working the way i want. So the TLS
configuration in LDAP is right.

Anyone knows if i can get this? or even better, Can anyone tell me wich would
be the basic configuration options to get it?

Greetings and apologizes for my English