[Samba] SAMBA Kerberos misunderstanding

markus klimklim at gmx.de
Wed Feb 21 10:00:39 GMT 2007

Hi Bradley,

I've not followed the whole thread so there might be some information I
missed. But if you are running an AD with a Samba Member Server trying
to use mod_auth_kerb you only have to create a kerberos service key on
Windows side, secure copy this onto your webserver, add the key to a
maybe already existing keytab with "ktutil" and test the key with a

   kinit -k HTTP/bla.bla at BLA.BLA

or

   kinit -k -t /path/to/keytab HTTP/bla.bla at BLA.BLA

This should give you a ticket without prompting for a password. Then
install the mod_auth_kerb module, add some auth lines into your apache
configuration or a .htaccess. This should be also described on the
mod_auth_kerb website.

Hope that helps