[Samba] 3.0.24 smbclient and printer listing

Mon Feb 19 19:39:30 GMT 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 08:30:50PM +0100, Thomas Bork wrote:
> >>But why is it impossible to listing the printer share directory on
> >>windows clients?
> >Asked the other way round: What would you expect there?
>
> The same output as on linux machines:
>
> From the first posting:
>
> Here a try with a local smb printer queue on the linux host:

Then that's a Samba bug :-)

If Windows gives ACCESS_DENIED there's nothing we can do
about it.

If you can show me a sniff of Windows showing something
here, we can adapt smbclient to do the same and hopefully
get the same info, but without such a sniff, no way.

Volker