[Samba] Problem with Share Size

Mon Feb 19 11:55:26 GMT 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 12:35:13PM +0100, Marcello Romani wrote:
> What do you mean ?

As I said in the reply of some minutes ago: I have seen all
sorts of problems with reiserfs. Some years ago I had
frequent customer emergencies because highly loaded tdb
files on reiserfs got corrupted. This meant that Samba was
not functioning on these machines. Changing the file system
to ext2/3 solved those problems reliably. But I have not
heard about those problems for a while. Not sure if reiserfs
was fixed or people don't use it anymore :-)

But then last week I heard about the lost homedir, and this
just supported my decision to never use reiser anymore for
anything.

> I've been using reiser3 at home and work with no problem at all for
> almost 3 years now...

I can only say what *I* have experienced. I do not give a
firm recommendation either way. It's just that I will not
touch reiserfs anymore.

I have certainly also talked to a lot of people who are big
fans of reiserfs, so it's really your choice.

Volker