[Samba] Windows cannot add samba domain

newsgroup mynewsgroup at eml.cc
Sun Feb 18 09:27:35 GMT 2007

I have set up a samba (3.0.22) as PDC on Suse and can actually login
into the linux machine from windows (My Network Places) and sambstatus
shows me as an active user. But when I try to add the domain to the
windows machine it fails and says "the specified domain either doesn't
exist or could not be contacted". I even shut down the firewall on linux
and windows just in case but it's no use. Does the presence of another
domain have anything to do with the problem? By the way it takes quite a
long time before windows detects the new domain and lists it in My
Network Places. I know it's a classic problem but still cannot find any
answer in groups or google.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

[global]

	workgroup = MYGRP
	printing = cups
	printcap name = cups
	printing cache time = 750
	cups options = raw
	map to guest = Bad user
	include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
	logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
	logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
	logon drive = P:
	add machine script = /usr/bin/useradd -c Machines -d /var/lib/nobody -s /bin/false %m$
	domain logons = yes
	domain master = yes
	local master = yes
	os level = 65
	pssdb backend = smbpasswd
	preferred master = yes
	security = user
	win server = no
	win support = yes

[homes]

	comment = Home Directories
	valid users = %S, %D%w%S
	browsable = no
	read only = no
	inherit acls = yes

[profiles]

	comment = Network Profiles Service
	path = %H
	read only = no
	store dos attributes = yes
	create mask = 0600
	directory mask = 0700

[users]

	comment = All users
	path = /home
	read only = no
	inherit acls = yes
	veto files = /aquota.user/groups/shares/

[groups]

	comment = All groups
	path = /home/groups
	read only = no