[Samba] possible bug in 3.0.24 with var expansion?

Greg eimono at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 19:12:37 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I have found what appears to be a bug in 3.0.24.  I upgraded from 3.0.22 and have been using this
setup for some time.  Also using a LDAP backend.

My existing users had ldap profile directory set as follows:

\\%L\profiles\username

And samba home share as

\\%L\username

However, once I upgraded to samba 3.0.24, the server sends the windows clients the un-expanded
path of \\%L\profiles\username.

Changing the entry in ldap to \\servername\profiles\username (removing %L) and everything works
again.

Can anyone confirm this?  I checked bug site but found nothing like this.

Thanks