[Samba] Terminal+Samba+Removable media

Guido Lorenzutti guido at lorenzutti.com.ar
Wed Feb 14 10:48:39 GMT 2007

I did something like that in my eviroment. I have LTSP terminals and I
connect to a win2k3 by rdp and I share the local devices with samba.
What I do is a script that creates an smb.conf with the shared devices,
then I run smbd, then I connect to the server via rdp and finally when
the connection is closed I kill smbd.
The smb.conf accepts only ONE connection per share, and the win2k3 has a
netlogon, to map the drives of the client on the logon, son only he/she
can access his local devices.

The mount/umount I do it with supermount and no problems.

Tell me if you need something more.

Bye.

PS: sorry for my english, I never study.