[Samba] Samba Domain authentication and shares

Kevin Gutch kgutch at protechemail.com
Tue Feb 13 17:59:00 GMT 2007

Thanks for the link. I have read it over and it seems that my error is
probably in winbind. All of these command work.
*
net ads join -U Administrator*
wbinfo -u
wbinfo -g
net ads info

However, the "winbind getent passwd" indicates the passwords are still
coming from the local machine. I can provide you with whatever files you
would like to see.
Below is my nsswitch.conf  file:

Thanks in advance.

#
# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# An example Name Service Switch config file. This file should be
# sorted with the most-used services at the beginning.
#
# The entry '[NOTFOUND=return]' means that the search for an
# entry should stop if the search in the previous entry turned
# up nothing. Note that if the search failed due to some other reason
# (like no NIS server responding) then the search continues with the
# next entry.
#
# Legal entries are:
#
#    nisplus or nis+        Use NIS+ (NIS version 3)
#    nis or yp        Use NIS (NIS version 2), also called YP
#    dns            Use DNS (Domain Name Service)
#    files            Use the local files
#    db            Use the local database (.db) files
#    compat            Use NIS on compat mode
#    hesiod            Use Hesiod for user lookups
#    [NOTFOUND=return]    Stop searching if not found so far
#

# To use db, put the "db" in front of "files" for entries you want to be
# looked up first in the databases
#
# Example:
#passwd:    db files nisplus nis
#shadow:    db files nisplus nis
#group:     db files nisplus nis

passwd:     compat winbind
shadow:     compat
group:      compat winbind

#hosts:     db files nisplus nis dns
hosts:      files dns

# Example - obey only what nisplus tells us...
#services:   nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
#networks:   nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
#protocols:  nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
#rpc:        nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
#ethers:     nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
#netmasks:   nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files

bootparams: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files

ethers:     files
netmasks:   files
networks:   files
protocols:  files winbind