[Samba] name query returning all ip addresses for server instead of primary one

Chris Smith smb23 at realcomputerguy.com
Fri Feb 9 19:15:46 GMT 2007

On Friday 09 February 2007, Antony Sargent wrote:
>    # only bind to the loopback and first ethernet interfaces
>    interfaces = lo eth0
>    bind interfaces only = yes

And one more thought. Always use testparm to see what's really being set. One
time I had made some changes but further down in the conf file the change was
being reversed by the distros default conf entry that I missed when skimming
the file. So if you had:
	bind interfaces only = yes
	bind interfaces only = no

The "no" entry is coming after the "yes" entry and therefore "no" will take
precedence, which testparm would confirm, eliminating a skimming error and
guesswork.

Chris