[Samba] Howto setup printing with Windows XP Clients, Cups and samba..

"schönfeld / in-medias-res.com" schoenfeld at in-medias-res.com
Fri Feb 9 10:31:29 GMT 2007

Hi,

okay. With your help I'm a step further, but the problem itself
persists. In fact something must have gone wrong, when i added PrintOP
privileges to the admin user, cause it didn't have the flags I've added.
Now the Admin User does have the necessary privileges:

majestix-linux:~# net -U Administrator rpc rights list Administrator
[2007/02/09 11:28:30, 0] param/loadparm.c:map_parameter(2698)
  Unknown parameter encountered: "privileges"
[2007/02/09 11:28:30, 0] param/loadparm.c:lp_do_parameter(3428)
  Ignoring unknown parameter "privileges"
Password:
SeMachineAccountPrivilege
SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege
SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege
SePrintOperatorPrivilege
SeAddUsersPrivilege
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege

The user is in the right group to be a Domain Admin. SID of the Domain
Admins group is correct. Writing to the print$ share is possible.

What else could be the problem?

Patrick