[Samba] "Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network" error on XP Pro SP2 clients for Samba 3.0.23d PDC

stephen mulcahy smulcahy at aplpi.com
Thu Feb 8 10:28:36 GMT 2007

Hi,

Further debugging of this - I see that the logon.cmd is successfully
executed by the Windows XP client even as it logs the 1054 Event -- the
logon.cmd simply mounts some shares.

Looking at the samba logs (default log level) I can't see any errors.

Is this some browsing issue? Or a problem with name resolution? Any
suggestions on tools to diagnose this further would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-stephen

--
Stephen Mulcahy, Applepie Solutions Ltd, Innovation in Business Center,
   GMIT, Dublin Rd, Galway, Ireland.      mailto:smulcahy at aplpi.com
  mobile:+353.87.2930252  office:+353.91.751262  http://www.aplpi.com