[Samba] File locking: is there some kind of timeout I can alter?

Michael Rignaz uluquai at inode.at
Thu Feb 8 03:10:40 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have a problem, that occurs once a week: when my boss opens some files
with read/write access via vpn over a crappy internet connection and his
connection gets terminated, some files are still locked read-only after
several hours/half a day or more. Only restarting the appropriate smbd
daemon helps.
Is there an option or anything I can modify, that allows me to improve
this situation?
Reset on vc zero doesn't help, since he might not reconnect everytime
this happens..
Thnx a lot for any help!

Regards,
Michael