[Samba] Solaris - Samba - AD

Daim Choc daimchoc at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 02:52:39 GMT 2007

Hello folks. I'm new to the list and I have questions about Samba. I have
been able to configure Samba 3.x on Solaris 9 with AD authentication for the
users. I'm able to mount the shares onto Windows XP clients and able to read
the files. Now, if I use a text editor like notepad or GVIM to save an
existing file, it saves it. When I try to use Word, Eclipse, or Crimson
Editor, it errors out saying that it can't save the file... One thing I
noticed with the later applications is that it tries to create a temp file
first where the edited file came from before overwriting the original file.
Now in my smb.conf, I have it forced user and group as well as the valid
user setting. Has anybody seen a workaround for this? Looks like the
application tries to overwrite the file using a different user... Thanks in
advance for your help.

Below is my smb.conf:

[global]
   netbios name = web1