[Samba] wbinfo works, getent doesn't

Don McCall donmccall1 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 22:57:28 GMT 2007

Only time I have ever seen this was when /etc/nsswitch.conf was misconfigured,
and either didn't have winbind in the passwd and group lines, or the method before it
was configured to [notfound return] instead of [notfound continue]
Is it possible that someone has messed with this file lately, or that the libnss_winbindd  library (or the link to it) has broken?

Don