[Samba] More than one user with SID xxx

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Feb 7 20:02:51 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 20:50 +0100, Natxo Asenjo wrote:
> hi,
>
> I do not know how this has happened, but 2 of my users in ldapsam have
> the same sid. Can I just modify the sambasid attribute by hand or
> should I delete and recreate one of the user accounts?

You can just change the SID, but you will have to re-permission all the
user files both on the server, but absolutely on the client and in the
registry of the client.
if you can rename the user that might be easier and you will then
migrate the user on the client with the local tools to change profile
permissions (exp for the registry).

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce