[Samba] using the old user profiles for the new PDC

Erol YILDIZ erolyil at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 12:15:09 GMT 2007

I set the new domains SID to the old domain SID, but are you sure that this
is enough to solve the problem? The clients still start a new profile when
the users log in. I have also restored the old servers ldap database and
when I check users attributes I see rid, sambaPrimaryGroupSID, sambaSID. The
computer accounts also have sambaSID and sambaPrimaryGroupSID attributes. I
thought these attributes should be the same as previos ldap database so I
have changed these attributes to the values before even this doesnt help and
still workstations start a new empty profile.

On the previos PDC I have done group mappings for all groups, does group
mapping change anything about the SIDs? I did create my PDC with this
article: http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/OES_as_PDC . Can there be a
special situation regarding to this?

Thanks..