[Samba] smbldap machine account pb since 3.0.23c-1

emmanuel musso emmanuel.musso at iut-tlse3.fr
Mon Feb 5 08:45:18 GMT 2007

Hello

When a windows xp workstation join a domain, by windows gui parameters, ldap
machine attributes are not filled correctly:

- No attribute sambaprimarygroupsid (before, there was one terminated by 515)
- rid (of sambasid) is not equal a 2*uid+1000

If i create a user, rid (sambasid) equal a 2*uid + 1000 (and sambaprimarygrousid
terminated by 513)

All the others samba attributes are ok
Same problem if i use "smbldap-useradd -w" before joining the domain; Posix
attributes are created by "smbldap-useradd -w", and samba attributes are
created the first time workstation join the domain, allways with bad sambasid
and without sambaprimarygroupsid.

Same problem if i use "net join" on a linux smbclient with winbind

In all cases, my workstation is connected to the domain, and user can use it.

I didn't change my config, i didn't modify idealx tools. I think the problem
exits since 3.0.23c-1 update in month september. I know my computers who joined
the domain before samba 3.0.23c-1 update (debian apt-get) are ok, with
sambaprimarygroupsid present, and valid sambasid
(rid = 2* uid + 1000).
I have 2 Domain with the same problem

My config:
- Server
samba 3.0.23d-4 on debian testing, with daily updates
smbldap-tools 0.9.2-3
- smb.conf:
add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -t 0 -w "%u"
- worstation:
windows xp sp2
windows 2000 sp4
kdm on debian with smbclient and winbind

Thank you very much

Best regards
--
Emmanuel musso