[Samba] Samba-3.0.23c kernel lock problems with new Redhat kernel 2.6.9-42.0.8

Aaron Kincer kincera at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 21:39:31 GMT 2007

If they are working great as PDC's, I wouldn't worry too much. As a file
server in an Active Directory environment, the Red Hat version of Samba
on RHEL4 is, in my opinion, unacceptably broken. It's little things like
file locking not working right and strange other quirks that I can't
remember off the top of my head.

I'm sure RHEL5 will include updated and better working packages, but I
wouldn't even think of trying to run an AD integrated file server on
RHEL4 with stock packages for a production environment. I already tried it.