[Samba] Samba-3.0.23c kernel lock problems with new Redhat kernel 2.6.9-42.0.8

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri Feb 2 17:49:10 GMT 2007

Jeremy Allison wrote:
>> Fortunately I found this article
>>    http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2006-October/126638.html
>> where Jeremy recommends to use "posix locking = no", and indeed
>> this fixes the problem !
>>
>> Hopefully these observations can help others, but a real solution
>> to the problem would be most welcome !
>
> Looks like a kernel issue to me. Have you reported this to Red Hat ?

No, because I run samba-3.0.23c in stead of the RHEL4 Samba 3.0.10
which is broken wrt. workgroup master browsers.  Your recent Samba
versions solve the problems, but I'm sure Redhat won't accept a bug
report when I don't use their Samba code - and they didn't even respond
when several people reported the mentioned bug in RHEL's Samba :-(

If I should report a kernel lock bug to Redhat, how can I explain that
it's Redhat's problem ?

Thanks,
Ole

--
Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark