[Samba] Registering hostnames with an AD server?

Miles, Noal noal.miles at tdstelecom.com
Fri Feb 2 16:27:08 GMT 2007

net ads dns register -P will be very useful.

The only interim solution for Linux clients I have found would be to let
a Windows DHCP server register DNS records on behalf of the Linux
clients.  Of course this means it would be necessary to use Windows DHCP
for your Linux clients.

vi /etc/dhclient-eth0.conf

send fqdn.fqdn "hostname.domain.com";
send fqdn.encoded off;