[Samba] smbclient dfs-aware?

werner maes werner.maes at cc.kuleuven.be
Thu Feb 1 15:58:07 GMT 2007

in fact

dfs links work with version 3.0.23d.

but in fact I was testing with a DFS stand alone namespace (that's
what MS calls it). This is not a DFS link. And this does not work.
However I can access the namespace with my XP client.

so I have \\server\dfsnamespace\dfslink.

I can access the dfslink with smbclient but not the namespace. If I
use the Windows Explorer in XP I can access both.

werner