[Samba] Samba and AD login Problem

Serbulent UNSAL serbulentu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 14:41:16 GMT 2007

Hi All,

I am trying to join an AD domain due to the this (
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Active_Directory_with_Samba_and_Winbind
)  document.

but when i try to add my computer to AD i get these error messages.

haploit srb # net ads join -U Administrator
Administrator's password:
Using short domain name -- ISTANBUL
Failed to set servicePrincipalNames. Please ensure that
the DNS domain of this server matches the AD domain,
Or rejoin with using Domain Admin credentials.
Deleted account for 'HAPLOIT' in realm 'ISTANBUL'
Failed to join domain: Type or value exists

I put some of my config files and logs to web here are the adresses;

http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~serbulent/hosts
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~serbulent/krb5.conf
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~serbulent/smb.conf
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~serbulent/log.smbd
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~serbulent/log.winbindd
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~serbulent/log.winbindd

Do any one have any ideas ? Thanx a lot.

PS: Happy new year to all :)

Serbulent