Re: [Samba] A simple stand-alone scenario but "public" share doesn´t work

Markus Fischer fischer at wescom.ch
Sat Dec 29 09:09:07 GMT 2007

Hello Rolf

To share the documents  it is necessary to tell Samba itself who has
access to the shares.

If your shared users are in group user, you would have to specify in
your share:

valid users = @users
force group = users

alternatively you can specify:

valid users = rolf ingrid

Be sure that rolf and ingrid are in the group users.  "force group"
ensures that the documents are accessible by the members of the group
"users" when different users write the documents.

Regards

Markus