[Samba] Samba + LDAP cannot get account from NT4

Stephen Vermeulen stephen at vermeulen.ca
Fri Dec 28 16:43:52 GMT 2007

I recently worked through a migration of an NT4 PDC to a Samba PDC using
the vampire command,
while doing this I ran into some problems, possibly including your proble=
m.

There are at least two steps to this procedure that are not included in
most of the documentation
on how to do this that I found on the net. These are:

1. you need to use the NT4 server's "Server Manager" tool to create a
backup domain
controller account for the Samba box before you issue the "net join" comm=
and

2. you need to manually change the SID of the Samba box to be the same as=

the SID of the NT4 PDC that it will be replacing

You might also have forgotten to use "smbpasswd" to set the root account
password
into Samba.

I have written up a step-by-step procedure for doing the migration based
on my
experiences. I did repeat this procedure a few times from clean Linux
installs to
verify that it was repeatable.

Take a look at:

http://vermeulen.ca/linux-windows-nt.html

Regards,

Stephen

wilson kwok wrote:
> Can anyone help me to solve this problem ?
> =20
> Thx !
>  =20
>> From: leiw324 at hotmail.com> To: samba at lists.samba.org> Date: Fri, 28 De=
c 2007 01:15:58 +0800> Subject: [Samba] Samba + LDAP cannot get account f=
rom NT4> > > Hello,> > I do a Migration from NT4 to Samba + LDAP, I alrea=
dy join Samba to NT4, when I type > net rpc vampire -S NT -U Administrato=
r%nt, the following error occur,> > [2007/12/28 00:13:16, 0] rpc_client/c=
li_pipe.c:cli_rpc_pipe_open_schannel(2673) cli_rpc_pipe_open_schannel: fa=
iled to get schannel session key from server NT for domain SFA.[2007/12/2=
8 00:13:16, 0] utils/net_rpc.c:run_rpc_command(151) Could not initialise =
schannel netlogon pipe. Error was NT_STATUS_INVALID_NETWORK_RESPONSE> > T=
press yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!> h=
ttp://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/> -- > To u=
nsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the> instructi=
ons: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/listinfo/samba