Fw: [Samba] printer admin option replacement on stand alone (not domain) print server running version 3.0.25

Vickie L. Kidder Vickie.Kidder at TABASCO.com
Thu Dec 27 22:22:21 GMT 2007

Thanks to those who responded to my original question.

I ran this command and it accepted it after I provided the root password.
# net rpc rights grant 'vlkidder' SePrintOperatorPrivilege

Checked to see if 'vlkidder' had printer admin privilege and it seems ok.
# net rpc rights list accounts
Password:
BUILTIN\Print Operators
No privileges assigned

SMBTEST\vlkidder
SePrintOperatorPrivilege

BUILTIN\Account Operators
No privileges assigned

BUILTIN\Backup Operators
No privileges assigned

BUILTIN\Server Operators
No privileges assigned

BUILTIN\Administrators
SeMachineAccountPrivilege
SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege
SeBackupPrivilege
SeRestorePrivilege
SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege
SePrintOperatorPrivilege
SeAddUsersPrivilege
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege

Everyone
No privileges assigned

After using the Printer Wizard from Windows to upload the driver, it goes
through the process of copying the driver files to the [print$] directory,
but there is still an error in my log file.

  _spoolss_addprinterdriver: Failed to send message about upgrading driver
[]!
[2007/12/27 15:59:26, 1] smbd/service.c:close_cnum(1230)
  vlkidder-06212 (10.1.3.8) closed connection to service print$