[Samba] Single Sign On, authentication, and Windows XP Home

Thu Dec 27 12:30:20 GMT 2007

On 12/26/2007, Matt Lozier (mlozier at spindletopoil.com) wrote:
> I just want to provide a means to allow all users who use the
> machines on the LAN to be able to login to *any* machine and have
> access to their Samba share.

This kind of functionality is one of the many features of running a
Windows Domain. With a DC in the mix, and every user a member of the
domain, you only need to add the 'Domain Users' group to the 'Power
Users' group on each workstation to accomplish this... then you can
control which user can access which machine (by default, all users can
access all mnachines).

Unfortunatley I know of no way to provide this functionality without
using Samba as a full blown PDC...

--

Best regards,

Charles