[Samba] Can I limit my browsing of share between clients?

Andreas Baitis abaitis at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 04:26:31 GMT 2007

You could also do a per Domain/Workgroup include of shares that only
Machines in that Domain/Workgroup see, includes can cascade as deep as
you like, so you could include a group file in only some of the Domain
files.

#/etc/samba/smb.conf
include = /etc/samba/include/smb.conf.per-domain.%D

then define the shares in
/etc/samba/include/smb.conf.per-domain.domainname you would have one for
each domain

This can also be done per user or per group

#/etc/samba/smb.conf
include = /etc/samba/include/smb.conf.per-user.%U

#/etc/samba/smb.conf
include = /etc/samba/include/smb.conf.per-group.%G

See: http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages-3/smb.conf.5.html