[Samba] Simple File I/O benchmark tool for NT clients

Pelle Svensson pelle2004 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 25 22:10:31 GMT 2007

Hi,

I need a simple tool for benchmarking my NT client against my Ubuntu Samba server.
I get 20MB/s during a file copy but I think my limit is the client's hard disk.

Dose anyone know a simple exe tool which simulate file I/O agains the Samba server.
I like to avoid using my lokal disk during the test.

Have looked around but can't find a simpe tool which dose the job without the
need of installing cygwin, .NET, ect.....
just a pure simple exe....

/Thanks
Pelle