[Samba] Shares are not persistent

Richard Chapman rchapman at aardvark.com.au
Sun Dec 23 03:03:04 GMT 2007

Hi Doug

I Wonder whether the smbd service is set to start at boot. Maybe setting
up the share starts the services (smbd and nmbd) but they are not set to
start on boot. I am not using fedora - but on Centos 5, these services
do not start at boot by default.
In the graphical interface you might want to try something like:
System/administration/server settings/services and check that smb is
checked in runlevel 5 (or whatever)

I actually use webmin to provide a more consistent graphical management
tool - and would highly recommend it if you don't like command line stuff.

Regards
Richard.