[Samba] samba 3.0.28 and dropboxes

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Fri Dec 21 16:00:51 GMT 2007

What is "command line", don't see that key on my keyboard anywhere!!!!!

If Option "Read Only" is NO. Doesn't that imply writing is allowed??????

Anyway, put in the writeable Option and set to "Yes" and still getting
access denied error when try to copy or drag and drop file on the
dropbox folder.

[global]
         workgroup = MY_DOMAIN
         server string = Samba Server
         security = DOMAIN
         password server = server1,server2
         passwd program = /usr/local/bin/passwd
         username map = /etc/smbusers
         password level = 8
         client NTLMv2 auth = Yes
         client lanman auth = No
         client plaintext auth = No
         log level = 1
         log file = /var/log/samba/logs/log.%m
         max log size = 50
         name resolve order = lmhosts host wins bcast
         deadtime = 10
         socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
         load printers = No
         dns proxy = No
         kernel oplocks = No
         ldap ssl = no
         remote announce = 169.168.0.34
         winbind cache time = 15
         oplocks = No
         strict locking = No
         dos filemode = Yes

[ens]
         comment = ENS Groups
         path = /top/admin/ENS
         valid users = +admin
         force group = admin
         read only = No
         writeable = Yes
         create mask = 0770
         directory mask = 02770
         inherit permissions = Yes
         inherit acls = Yes
         inherit owner = Yes

And I do restart the samba services every time I edit the smb.conf file.

If you don't have anything constructive to say don't bother replying to
my posts.

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
UNIX/Network Manager            Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-5569
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'