[Samba] Failing to compile Samba with native ldap support (Solaris/AIX/..) and active directory support

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Fri Dec 21 12:47:37 GMT 2007

If I use native ldap libraries which don't have ldap_initialize the build
fails for Solaris and AIX, but looking into configure.in exception have been
put in for HPUX to use ldap_init. Why isn't the same possible for Solaris
and AIX ?

Markus

# HPUX only has ldap_init; ok, we take care of this in smbldap.c
case "$host_os" in
        *hpux*)
    AC_CHECK_FUNC_EXT(ldap_init,$LDAP_LIBS)

    if test x"$ac_cv_func_ext_ldap_init" != x"yes"; then
        if test x"$with_ads_support" = x"yes"; then
            AC_MSG_ERROR(Active Directory support on HPUX requires
ldap_init)
        elif test x"$with_ads_support" = x"auto"; then
            AC_MSG_WARN(Disabling Active Directory support (requires
ldap_init on HPUX))
            with_ads_support=no
        fi
    fi
    ;;
        *)
    AC_CHECK_FUNC_EXT(ldap_initialize,$LDAP_LIBS)

    if test x"$ac_cv_func_ext_ldap_initialize" != x"yes"; then
        if test x"$with_ads_support" = x"yes"; then
            AC_MSG_ERROR(Active Directory support requires ldap_initialize)
        elif test x"$with_ads_support" = x"auto"; then
            AC_MSG_WARN(Disabling Active Directory support (requires
ldap_initialize))
            with_ads_support=no
        fi
    fi