[Samba] Simple Samba PDC - tdbsam limitations?

Fri Dec 21 13:06:58 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm setting up a new Samba server, and am debating between LDAP
(complex, and I'm not that familiar with it) and tdbsam for the password
backend...

I understand the physical limitations (single PDC, no replication, etc),
which is fine, since this is a small office - about 50 workstations,
possibly growing to as many as 75, but no more than that.

What are the limitations of the tdbsam backend, with respect to
performance and the number of workstations/users it can reasonably be
expected to support?

The box itself is a Tyan MB/dual opteron 280 with 2GB of RAM (can add
more RAM if needed)...

Thanks!

--

Best regards,