[Samba] difficulty setting up Samba PDC.. please help... out of ideas

J jae at platinumpsi.com
Fri Dec 21 00:56:06 GMT 2007

The answer, to my biggest problem, was that the user needed the same
smbpasswd on both Samba servers. (d'oh!)
The PDC would handle the authentication, and then attempt to access
shares on the file server, but since the smbpasswd was different on the
file server, access would not be granted...

I still have strange behaviors to figure out (like why I'm not getting
consistent results from different machines), but the hurdle that took me
two weeks to figure out is conquered...