Fwd: [Samba] difficulty setting up Samba PDC.. please help... out of ideas

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 23:03:54 GMT 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 5:53 PM, J <jae at platinumpsi.com> wrote:
> I wasn't aware that I was using acls (at all).
> Are they set up by default, with these versions of Samba?

The problem is XP tries to verify that the user of the profile is the
same as the user who has full permissions on the profile. This switch
(or a registry setting) will fix that problem (if this is indeed the
problem you have). Previous versions of samba and previous XP security
packs did not have need this and it may not happen for all users. I
saw this problem about 6 months ago when I upgraded to samba-3.0.23.

John