[Samba] problem with samba 3.0.28/Solaris 8/smbclient

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Thu Dec 20 15:50:04 GMT 2007

On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 06:18:50PM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 09:35:15AM -0600, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> > Is there anything else I can do to help track this problem down?
> > Is anyone else running Samba 3.0.28 on Solaris 8? With Heimdal Kerberos
> > or with MIT Kerberos? I would appreciate any feedback.
>
> I'd be surprised if this is kerberos specific. Can we see a
> tcpdump of smbclient doing its job up to the crash?
>
> Volker

I agree with you that this problem is not kerberos specific. My
suspicion is that, as was suggested in another reply, there is a
problem with one of the function definitions. I am currently
looking at the vasprintf() function provided with Samba in the
replace library and also by Heimdal in the roken library. I will
follow-up to the list with my results.

Cheers,
Ken