[Samba] Enabling Profiles

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Wed Dec 19 22:59:02 GMT 2007

<mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>odi wrote:
> use pdbedit -Lv <user> to determine if there is a profile path, if there ist
> no path specified, profile for this user is disabled, maybe I'm wrong, but I
> think so. It doesn't depend on the password backend, definitly.

Actually that sounds about right, I've never really used pdbedit as all
of the fancy setups I have been involved with are LDAP based. I didn't
realise you could set a profile path property with other backends.

> regards
>
> Am Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2007 16:21:40 schrieb Net Warrior:
>
>> HI there guys.
>> Sorry for disturbing you with a very basic question, log time ago,
>> searching in the archives I found that profiles can be enabled or disabled
>> for everyone, and that cannot be enabled for a gorup of users or a specific
>> user.
>>
>> I read the how-tos, they explain very well how to manage them, but could
>> not find that doubt, nor even I could not find that thread
>> in the arvhives.
>>
>> Can some tell me if that behavior still applies?
>>
>> Thanks in advance

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>