[Samba] Invalid request size nsswitch/winbindd

Wed Dec 19 17:06:05 GMT 2007

On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 11:37:36AM -0500, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 12/19/2007, Volker Lendecke (Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE) wrote:
> >Reboot your box. It's not only smbd, all processes in the
> >system potentially can trigger this error.
>
> Just to be clear - you're saying that anytime Samba is upgraded, I
> should REBOOT??

Well, I think almost everything uses nss. So it's not a
Samba thing, it's a problem that the nss subsystem does not
reload the shared libraries when they change. For example if
you install a new libnss_ldap.so, you have exactly the same
problem.

Volker