[Samba] SAMBA under window?

hce webmail.hce at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 00:30:01 GMT 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 2:13 AM, Gianluca Culot <gianlucaculot at dmsware.com> wrote:
> With talk you mean
> MOUNT ???
>
> Because letting windows talk to Unix devices is just what samba already
> does...

Let me clarify it again.

(a) The key point is that the linux device is too small to install a
large size of Samba. No question about it, if the linux device had an
samba, the window could mount the linux device.

(b) The small linux device is a dumb device, it may be configured by a
wifi ip address, but the mount process need be start from window to
the linux device, not the vice versa.

That was the original question, samba is too large to be installed to
a small linux device, I am looking to an alternative solution to have
a samba to be installed in a window machine, so the window can mount
to the linux device. But clearly, samba cannot be installed in window
system. If you have other solution, could you please explain more.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jim