[Samba] Samba PDC with Terminal services

Doerr, Kevin R krdoerr at purdue.edu
Tue Dec 18 20:54:25 GMT 2007

Stuart Gall wrote:
> Now if I add a user to the local remote desktop group, enable remote
> admin, and then logon (from another machine) using the ip address I
> can get a remote desktop session.

> However the browse for machine facility does not work, it says there
> is no terminal server in the domain.

This may be relevant...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281307

I am just a Samba noob, and don't have a strong handle on browsing, but
it seems like the first step would be for the XP clients to be
announcing themselves as Terminal Servers. Evidently they don't show up
in the list browse list of the RDP client otherwise.

Regards,
Kevin