[Samba] Re: scannedonly samba anti-virus vfs module

Olivier Sessink lists at olivier.pk.wau.nl
Mon Dec 17 22:29:55 GMT 2007

Olivier Sessink wrote:
> Brian May wrote:
[..]
>> Maybe it would be better to list the file in the directory listing
>> still, but prevent it from being opened for reading?
>
> I can make that configurable. Something like
>
> scannedonly: hide_nonscanned_files = False

done, it will be part of the 0.11 release of the vfs module.

There are also some changes to delay samba for some milliseconds
(configurable) to allow the anti-virus scanner to scan the files. For
small files this works almost like 'on-access' scanning. For larger
not-scanned files this still means the user will get an 'access denied'
until the file is found to be clean by the virus scanner.

recheck http://olivier.sessink.nl/scannedonly/ in a few days, I'll try
to put it up there.

regards,
	Olivier