[Samba] Re: Is 'force user/group' misbehaving?

Antonio Oliveira to.oliveira at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 10:13:26 GMT 2007

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 19:05:42 +0000, António Oliveira
wrote:

> I'm running ubuntu server 7.10 amd64 and trying to set up a samba server
> for a LAN.
> Samba version is 3.0.26a IIRC (I can't access the machine ATM)
<snip>
Samba is indeed 3.0.26a, just checked moments ago.
Also, I did a couple more tests, and the error occurs, whether I activate
any of 'force user' or 'force group'.
I changer the ownership of /example to to.to, didn't change anything too.

I can't find anything wrong in my smb.conf. Does anyone, by chance, has
3.0.26a and can help test this?
Samba 3.0.24 had a somewhat similar bug, with 'force group'. Could this
be related?

Cheers,