[Samba] samba upgrades deletes printer driver pointers

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Sun Dec 16 15:12:46 GMT 2007

Hello,
    I'm running a samba and cups combo on a Centos 5.1 machine. It's acting
as a lan print server. I used pointprint to upload drivers to the samba
share so that windows clients could obtain them. This was working fine until
i'm assuming the upgrade 5.0 to 5.1 on centos, when samba was upgraded. The
driver paths are still there, drivers, shares, but the .tdb files are not.
When i try to connect to the printer and download drivers i'm told that the
samba server does not contain the needed drivers. Short of a reinstall is
there a way to recover?
Thanks.
Dave.